Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stage one - Nelson to Christchurch


Stripped the bike down over the weekend while on call and cleaned it to within an inch of its life. Off call at 8am then straight into a quick trip from Nelson to Christchurch, testing the helmet cam along the way with some brilliant cinematography carefully directing the camera away from the speedo at all times. Arrived at 1pm with a bike running on vapour. I am so glad that I made the decision to ride the big BMW tourer as it is a pleasure to ride and very comfortable, after the 400+ km ride I hopped off as fresh as a man on his third mid life crisis can be, whereas if I had taken the Ducati, I would have needed a little lie down and a physiotherapist. Dad and support crew (Mum and a jealous Harry) already had RT number one in a crate, so off with the windscreen, the front gaurd, disconnect the battery and up she went onto the crate to be strapped in. A couple of hours of fussing over the bikes and facing the krypton factor of putting the crates together and it was off to the airport to get a plane back to Nelson to look after the Kids with Di being on call that evening. Stage one complete, yeeha.

1 comment:

  1. Garth,
    Can't believe you're only on your third mid-life crisis!
    Please tell me what I need to say to my wife to get away with this sort of trip.........
    Enjoy!!
    David

    ReplyDelete